Daraja is inviting applications for several positions on our Maji Matone (Raising the Water Pressure) and Kwanza Jamii (local newspaper) programmes.
These positions are listed below. (Click on the job title to see the full job description and person specification for each post.
- Managing Editor, Kwanza Jamii – based in either Njombe or Iringa
- Programme Officer, Kwanza Jamii – based in Njombe
- Editor, Kwanza Jamii Iringa – based in Iringa
- Designer/Journalist, Kwanza Jamii Iringa – based in Iringa
- Business Manager, Kwanza Jamii Iringa – based in Iringa
- Monitoring and Research Officer – based in Njombe
- Head of Finance and Administration – based in Njombe
We also advise you to look through this website, our blog and our facebook page before you send your application. They also have extensive information about our programmes, organisational values and interests. In particular, our blog includes several posts giving advice to people submitting job applications as well as posts about our Kwanza Jamii and Maji Matone programmes.
To apply, send us a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining what position(s) you are applying for and why you are well suited to the position. Please do not send scanned copies of certificates or academic transcripts, or work samples at this stage.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications for this position is 5pm on Monday 16th May 2011.
Daraja particularly encourages applications from women and young people.