Duty station: Kyela, Mbeya Region
To support the development, planning, implementation, management and evaluation of our cocoa program, which aims to increase farmer incomes through Increased production, improved quality, increased market linkages and improved management capacity.
Applying candidates should possess the following requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in agronomy, food sciences, or other relevant field required.
• Masters’ degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in agronomy, preferably in cocoa or other tree crops.
• Strong private sector experience and entrepreneurial skills
• Proven track record of developing complex client business plans
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and management skills
• Good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
• Ability to develop well written, cohesive reports that are responsive to the donors’ needs
• A valid driving license
TechnoServe offers a remuneration package competitive with private-sector salaries for similar positions.
(by email only) to the Recruitment Coordinator at the Email link click apply, with the position title placed in the subject line. Please include
(1) cover letter describing your interest,
(2) curriculum vitae,
(3) salary history, and
(4) names and telephone contacts of three referees.
Please include all requirements in one document.
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications is 4th February, 2011.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Phone calls are prohibited and will disqualify application.
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are encouraged to apply.