Tanzania Women’s Bank Ltd (TWB) is a bank established under the Company Act No. 212 of 2002 for the purpose of providing access to a full range of financial services for its customers, targeting mainly customers with low income comprising of small businesses, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with special focus and emphasis on women entrepreneurs. We seek to recruit dynamic, honest, result oriented and committed persons to fill the following vacant positions.
VACANT POSITIONS AT BRANCH
Teller (2 Posts)
To collect deposits in the form of cash and cheques and to pay out cash to customers promptly and efficiently while ensuring minimum loss to the bank.
Key Roles, Responsibilities
• Count cash deposited and ensure that it is correctly entered in the computer system;
• Paying cash to customers against duly filled withdrawal forms or cheques in line with established bank procedures;
• Posting day’s transactions to the cash department;
• Working out simple calculations and checking accuracy of withdrawal forms and cheques;
• Withdraw cash from the strong room at the start of business and deposit cash at the end of business in the strong room;
• Verifying and authenticating cheques for payment;
• Seek approval from supervisor on payments that exceed the specified limit for teller;
• Report any fraudulent behavior to the supervisor;
• Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier’s checks, personal money orders, issuing traveler’s checks and exchanging foreign currency;
• Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures;
• Explain advice on and promote bank products and services to customers.
• To authenticate the genuineness of customers before making payments.
• To receive cash and verify the amount and genuineness of notes received in the presence of the customer before posting.
• To balance cash account after day’s work.
• To pay cash to the right customers within the authorized limit.
• To perform tellers duties with speed and accuracy.
• To surrender cash in hand to the custodians after closure of business.
• To carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by the Manager Customer Service.
Knowledge and skills:
General knowledge of the branch operations and specific knowledge of bank products; conversant in standard computer applications; Good communication skills; skilled in identify counterfeit notes, forged cheques and forged signatures.
Diploma or Form VI with good numerical skills and good written and spoken English, knowledge of customer service principles with at least 3 years in a financial institution; computer literate. Diploma in banking is an added advantage.
Credit Officers –Group Lending (2 Posts)
To manage the microcredit lending programme at branch level and to report to Branch Management on the performance.
Key Roles, Responsibilities
- Take the lead in marketing and promoting micro-credit and other bank products at branch level to ensure growth of the loan portfolio;
- Undertake business appraisal of client loan applications to ensure they comply with lending guidelines;
- Visit prospective clients to establish integrity of loan applications; Undertake a review of the applicant’s character to minimise the risk of default;
- Analyse financial information on clients to assess the financial viability of the loan requests;
- Process loan requests to ensure compliance with procedures;
- Monitor loan performance to ensure timely repayments from clients;
- Report regularly to branch manager on loan portfolio performance to ensure compliance with the TWB operational guidelines.
Excellent knowledge of business management in a financial institution; excellent knowledge of the SME financial services in a developing or emerging market; good communications and interpersonal skills; computer literate in standard computer applications. Teaching qualification and field work is an added advantage.
Diploma in teaching, Economics or Finance or Banking or accounting or equivalent with at least 3 years experience working in a bank or SME financial institution.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should visit our Website: www.womensbank.co.tz for more details and forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, name and address of two referees and submit/post hard copied to the below address by 19th May, 2011.
Applications should be addressed to:
Tanzania Women’s bank Limited;
Old Post Office, Mkwepu Street;
Dar es Salaam.